Friday, July 20, 2012

A New Friend


So, this week we met a new couple at breakfast that has moved to the building.  They have arrived in Japan from India.  We spent the day with "her" just hanging out and playing with the girls.  It's hot here and after our trip to Universal Studios, I've been trying to keep Sarah inside for better portions of the day.  The first half of the day that we spent with our new friend we were in our apartment and then we went up to hers.  She made the girls some "Maggie" which is sort of like ramen noodles - except kicked up with spice.  It was a little spicy for the girls, but I liked it alot.  Sarah kept trying to eat it, but she'd take a bite and then about 4 huge drinks of water.  That made me laugh.  She also shared some biscuits (cookies) with the girls and they ate all that was left!

Then, she and I had tea and a traditional Indian snack.  I have figure out what it was called (again), but it was good.  And we had Darjeeling Tea to go with it.  The tea is another something that I'll enjoy when I get home too.  I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find that there, I have just never had that type of tea before.

1 comment:

  1. Christy - I was so excited to read your blog :). The traditional snack is called "Poha". You are invited any time for the tea and may be a new snack everytime you walk-in :p

    ReplyDelete