Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weekend 5: Namba


Erin (my sister) arrives later today, Saturday.  In the morning before her flight arrives we decided to take the train to Namba - a district in southern Osaka.

Just riding the train is entertainment for the girls.  We walked around the streets (below) and the mall (above) and I took a few photos to show you.  If you search on the left side of the photo above you will see the McDonalds sign.  There are several McDonalds here and so far we have not eaten there - well, I have not.  The very first day Jim and the girls walked in and stopped there for a drink and shared a small fry, but I don't know if that counts as eating there!

However, we did break down and eat at Burger King this day.  I'm happy to say that a Whopper here is the same as in the U.S.  The only difference is that you can add a fried egg to your Whopper if you want.  You see that a great deal here, egg on the top off different dishes.  And, I did have a green tea smoothie to go with my meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment